The Center of Waste Management, Abu Dhabi (Tadweer) is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) from reputable and experienced private companies to assist in the management and treatment of Medical and Hazardous waste generated in Abu Dhabi and Western Region on a Design, Build, Own and Operate basis (DBOO).
The scope of interest would include the following:
1. Design, Build, Operate, and Own (DBOO) a hazardous and medical waste incinerator for the treatment of solid as well as liquid hazardous and medical waste.
2. The incinerator should be a Rotary Kiln conforming to European Standards.
3. Collection, transportation, management and treatment of Medical waste generated in Abu Dhabi and Western region.
4. Collection, transportation (where necessary & required) and the management and treatment of hazardous waste generated in Abu Dhabi and Western region.
5. Receiving the hazardous waste delivered at the facility and the management and treatment of incinerable hazardous waste generated in Abu Dhabi and Western region.
6. Treatment and disposal of rejects/residue (fly ash & bottom Ash) from the treatment plant according to European standard practices.
7. The interested company will also be responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses including environmental permit from relevant authorities.
8. Meet the Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality control requirements of the government agencies and institutions.
Briefly the scope of work shall include but not limited to the design, engineering, procurement, construction, permitting, insurance, financing, testing, commissioning, operation and maintenance, collection, transportation, management, treatment and disposal of rejects/residue at rates approved by CWM (Tadweer).
Only shortlisted companies will be invited to participate in the tender process for the above-mentioned contract.
Local and international companies having at least 3 years of operation of such facility and interested in this expression of interest are requested to submit an official letter confirming their interest to participate in this tender process with the following:
1. Company profile of the interested party;
2. Copy of the trade license;
3. Copy of the audited financial statement for last 3 years;
4. A summary of their previous related experiences in similar projects
The Expression of Interest (EOI) shall be submitted in a sealed envelope marked
“The Management & Treatment of Medical and Hazardous waste generated in Abu Dhabi and the Western Region”
by 11th May, 2017 (no later than 12:00 p.m.) at the address given below:
The Center of Waste Management, Abu Dhabi
P.O.Box: 48448, UAE-Abu Dhabi
Tel: 9712-8185756, Fax: 9712-8185559.