Erema Group acquires 60 percent stake in Plasmac

Leading manufacturer of recycling machines expands its in-house product range

Looking to expand its range of tailor-made plastic recycling solutions for in-house applications, the Austrian Erema Group has acquired 60 percent of the recycling machine manufacturer Plasmac Srl. The remaining 40 percent of the recycling machine manufacturer is owned by Syncro Group, a manufacturer in Italy that makes equipment for the blown film industry.

Plasmac has been active worldwide as a manufacturer of recycling plants since 1994 and was previously based in Aylesbury, England. In June 2018 the Syncro Group relocated the business to Busto Arsizio (Italy). Plasmac Srl was newly established in January 2019, with the CEO of the Syncro Group Gabriele Caccia named as the CEO of Plasmac Srl as well.

Plasmac has comprehensive expertise in edge trim recycling and with their Alpha direct feed extruder and Omega shredder-extruder system offers easy-to-use solutions for throughputs of up to 250 kg/h. This range is supplemented by the Powerfeed edge trim transport system.
“These machines and components expand our product range of systems for straightforward standard applications in the in-house segment, which is very important to us,” explained Manfred Hackl, CEO, Erema Group.

Gabriele Caccia also sees the cooperation between Erema and Syncro as a successful one because, he emphasises, “the Syncro know-how in the blown film industry and our worldwide company group network are valuable contributions to a successful cooperation.”